header 1 image header 2 image header 3 image




Government House

Provincial Designated Heritage Place

  • 1 Government Drive, PO Box 846
  • Charlottetown
  • Construction Date: 1834
  • Latitude: 46.23153
  • Longitude: -63.13493
  • Place Description
  • Why is this place important?
  • Special Characteristics

Place Description

Government House was built in 1834 as the official residence for the Lieutenant Governors of Prince Edward Island. The white wooden shingled building has a commanding view of Charlottetown Harbour and is surrounded by spacious lawns, tree-lined walks, and formal gardens.

bringing life to history image
bottom right container image